Free workshop for senior GP trainees with an interest in service improvement
Category: GP - Other
Date: September 16th 2014 until September 17th 2014
NHSIQ is offering a residential workshop for GP ST4s (or other senior GP trainees) working on service redesign.
Dates: Tuesday 16 to Wednesday 17 September 2014
Location: TBC; likely to be Warwick University Accommodation and food will be provided.
Comments from last year’s delegates:
“The whole workshop was very well planned and executed” “Nothing to improve upon, it was excellent”
“I thought the learning really complemented some of the more theoretical learning I have had the opportunity to receive so far in my ST4 year”
“The event exceeded my expectations”
The best thing was: “speaking to inspirational GP quality leaders and hearing about their careers” The best thing was: “the speakers - their knowledge, enthusiasm, expertise, and friendliness” The best things was: “meeting other ST4s doing similar projects and sharing experiences”
- GP ST4s are a self (and deanery) selected group of high potential emerging leaders. We therefore hope to enhance your knowledge and skills in improvement science and large scale change (LSC).
- The networking opportunities between high calibre trainees and national primary care leaders will be of great benefit to all.
- NHSIQ has a strong background in both quality improvement (QI) and LSC. We are currently offering training for all CCGs nationally on LSC and have a wealth of useful material.
- You may also benefit from spending time considering the national primary care landscape and where best to apply your talents to make an impact.
There will probably be a range of prior experience amongst the group. We will therefore prepare for this and also build in flexibility so that we can bring the room to a shared level and utilise your own experience. Likely topics include:
- Linking QI theory and drawing out learning from your improvement experience to date.
- Troubleshooting difficult problems that have already been encountered.
- Introducing the concepts of Large Scale Change (work which NHSIQ has been commissioned to offer to all CCGs).
- Looking at national and international examples of primary care innovation.
- Bespoke sessions around any other major learning needs identified.
- The Strengths Deployment Inventory which is an extremely useful tool for change.
There will be a rolling cast of facilitators, the majority of whom are GPs from NHSIQ’s primary care faculty. The lead for the workshop is Dr David Griffiths, an Oxford GP and clinical lead for the Commissioning Capacity and Capability programme at NHSIQ.