The School of Primary Care is responsible for delivering the RCGP Curriculum for GP Specialist Training.
- Important and useful general information for trainees on our programme can be found on the Trainees pages
- There are a number of other important Policies and Procedures
- We offer the opportunity for a small number of trainees to experience Working Overseas
- Information for clinical or educational supervisors can be found on the Faculty pages
- We hope that all trainees have an enjoyable and successful time within our programmes. Our Support and Development pages outline how we support trainees experiencing difficulties for any reason
- The school strongly supports educational Research into all aspects of GP Education
- We also work closely with The University of Bristol Centre for Academic Primary Care
Our Qualified GPs pages include information for retainers, sessional doctors and doctors wishing to return to GP practice after prolonged absence. There is also information about training support for appraisal, CPD, prolonged study leave and links with local education trusts.
All GP Doctors in Training (DiTs) must be overseen on a daily basis by a named Clinical or Educational Supervisor. To find out more more about the roles, the criteria and to express and interest in becoming a Clinical and/or Educational Supervisor, please visit this page.